"Things Wong Kar Wai taught me about love"
1. You will fall in love only once. Obstacles will prevail. The rest of your life is spent recovering.
2. Anything that distracts you from the pain of your loss is good. Some people are more successful in this regard than others.
3. Eroticising their objects will be the pinnacle of your sexual fulfillment.
4. Desire is kept eternally alive by the impossibility of contact.
5. The most potent way to exist is to occupy someone else’s imagination.
6. Technology will only heighten your sense of desolation making you more keenly aware that no one is trying to call.
7. Hook up with someone. Live with them. Sleep with them. Tag along. Don’t be fooled. You are only a transitory distraction. Ask for commitment. Declare your love. Watch the set up evaporate.
8. Some coincidences are deliberate.
The Bay Lights Unveiled: World’s Largest Light Sculpture Illuminates San Francisco Bay Bridge With 25,000 LEDs
“Although the iconic Golden Gate Bridge draws over 10 million visitors each year, the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge serves more than double the daily traffic - and tonight it’s finally getting its share of the spotlight. To celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Bay Bridge, San Francisco has studded its western span with 25,000 LEDs, effectively transforming it into the world’s largest light sculpture. Designed by artist Leo Villareal, The Bay Lights ignites the bridge with glowing forms that fall like rain, rise like fizzing champagne bubbles, and swoop across the bay like passing clouds - and the algorithm-controlled patterns will run for two years straight without repeating.”